Political and CPD
2007 marks the launch of a ‘new-look’ BVA Congress – an event for the whole of the profession, combining both political and CPD sessions.
For the first time in many years, the Congress will be held in the city of Belfast, a city that has been transformed over the past few years with superb conference and exhibition venues, fantastic visitor attractions, stylish bars, restaurants and hotel accommodation. There is strong local support for the event from our territorial division, the North of Ireland Veterinary Association (NIVA) who celebrate their centenary in 2007, as well as those encompassed within Veterinary Northern Ireland.
The Congress will be held at the internationally famous Europa Hotel located in the heart of Belfast. The largest hotel in Northern Ireland, it has superb conference facilities and is one of Belfast’s favourite meeting venues.
The BVA will be running a programme of sessions on both the Friday and Saturday on the theme ‘Pulling together, pulling apart’ alongside which the following partner organisations will also be running CPD sessions:
• Association of Veterinary Surgeons Practising in Northern Ireland (AVSPNI)
• British Cattle Veterinary Association (BCVA)
• British Small Animal Veterinary Association Northern Ireland (BSAVA NI)
• North of Ireland Veterinary Association (NIVA)
• Sheep Veterinary Society (SVS)
• Society of Practising Veterinary Surgeons (SPVS)
The following will also be contributing to the programme:
• Association of Veterinary Teachers and Research Workers (AVTRW)
• Fish Veterinary Society (FVS)
• Goat Veterinary Society (GVS)
• Veterinary Benevolent Fund (VBF)
• Veterinary Northern Ireland (Vet NI)
There is also a fun and varied social programme, including a welcome reception at Stormont, an Irish evening at Belfast Castle, the Congress banquet, a partner programme and golf.
BVA Congress 2007 will also feature a comprehensive trade exhibition.
Annual General Meeting
The AGM will be held on Sunday, 30 September. Further Information
For further information contact Katherine Fort Event Management, c/o BVA, 7 Mansfield Street, London W1G 9NQ. Tel 020 7232 0027 or email email@example.com
Put the date in your diary now!