A word of caution.... from the unfettered pen
When controversy rears its head, as is the case in question here, there is always a need to express oneself often in haste, and now I feel is the time for reflection.
With an issue such as this that affects all cat breeders and exhibitors there are, as in many cases, more questions than answers, and I feel personally that before anyone ‘jumps the gun’ these questions need to be addressed.
1) Who was the first person to put the idea of this move before the GCCF, stand up and be identified?
2) Who had a hand in both camps in order to communicate between the two, stand up and be identified?
3) Who chaired the first GCCF meeting when this item was discussed, and who was present, stand up and be identified?
4) Who held the ‘cloak’ when this, what appears, in my view, to be an unconstitutional meeting, took place, stand up and be identified?
5) We know who in the long term the losers will be, I being one of them.
6) Who will gain from this change, is there an agenda as secret as the meetings were?
7) There have been many opinions expressed and questions asked previously so I will not add to them but leave you with these words -
From the pulpit Mrs Minnivers vicar said in similar tones WE ARE THE PEOPLE, WE ARE THE CAT FANCY AND IT IS IN OUR HANDS WHERE OUR DESTINY LIES, DO NOT BOW TO TYRANY BUT FIGHT THE FIGHT.
The GCCF do not own us, they are custodians of OUR CAT FANCY and well they should remember that!
The Unfettered Pen